Thursday, July 10, 2008

This Saint's For You!

Both my sister and I went to Catholic School, Dad is the king of all Deacons, and Mom taught math in a Catholic School (to both me and my sister). To say our roots run deep in the church is an understatement.

While in Newport my Mother got my Dad a book "This Saint's For You!" by Thomas J. Craughwell has detailed information on "300 heavenly allies for architects, athletes, brides, bachelors, babies, librarians, murderers, whales, widows and you"

Cruising through this book has given people some new saints to pray to, and a good hearty laugh.

St. Expeditus: The Patron Saint of Procrasination (Feast Day, April 19). But is often celebrated on the 20th or 21st.....

St. Bonaventure: Patron Saint of Bowel Disorders. I now know who to pray to in times of abdominal distress. (15 July)

and

St. Marculf: Patron Saint of Skin Rashes, my wife and oldest are tanning queens, myself and the youngest burn. let me keep this one close by...

Listen, there is more......

Parents of Disaapointing Children? Pray to St. Matilda
Physically Unattractive? Pray to St. Germaine Cousin
Sore Throat? Pray to St. Blaise

There's hope for us all...

1 comment:

overtly trite said...

I'll have to check the book out when I go up!