Sunday, May 25, 2008

Random thoughts from I-95

Who stops at the I95 Strip bars that "Dare to Bare"? I really hope the fine women(?) don't think that Richard Gere and his stretch white limo are going to swing in and pick them up.

If you have never STOPPED at South of the Border, do so. It's worth 1 stop to look and chuckle, same random crap any port overseas has at a crap meet, but still a novelty.

If you are going on a car trip greater than 4 hours, do yourself a favor get XM Radio. It was nice listening to the Yankees beat Seattle today. BUT if you are the parent of 2 tween girls, make sure 1/2 of that trip is spent listening to Radio Disney. I swear I caught myself on more than one occasion leaving it on Radio Disney because I liked the song.

Zaxby's ( the greatest fast food place on the planet) is at every exit you don't want and when it's finally time to stop you've gone to far north..

Good luck trying get something even close to healthy on the road. I'm open to suggestions as I still have a DC to CT leg and a Rhode Island to Chicago leg via Cooperstown, yes the baseball hall of fame.

Well I am settled in at my my best friend's apt in DC, we have a great view of the Holiday Inn Dawn and I used to stay at when we would sneak up to DC from Newport News.... The good old days... Tomorrow Bill and I head to Baltimore to see the Yankees play... Can't wait.In case you are curious, I have been using my cell phone to take pictures along my happy way, it's not a great camera but it works... Photos will be posted as I go.....

No comments: