Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Resturants and Customer Service

Why is Customer Service have to be so painful? This past weekend I went to Knoxville with my Family to see my Nephew make his "First Holy" Communion as my wife likes to call it. We went to dinner on a Saturday night with a group of 10 total. OK I get it big restaurant, Saturday night big wait. no problem! BUT when we sit and you take our order lets do each other a favor. YOU have your Kitchen check the meals for correctness and I won't bitch. In fact check each meal, the same way I check my stuff every friggin time I deliver something to my customers. Would you believe 6 of 10 meals got sent back? Now this is Knoxville not New York, you had a 1 hour wait not 4 hours and it's the Outback for God's sake. You know the menu, I know the menu, and as you say no rules just right. So get it right.

OK lemmie refocus, we send the 6 meals back and the guy comes out with a soup like he is making it all better. Nice move jackass but I would rather the meal be right, and don't bring me the Broccoli Soup, it's bad for you like all green vegetables are. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!!

Bear with me I'm almost done. Bring out the ice cream for the kids. Let me back fill you if you don't dine at the Outback, The Thunder from Down Under is Brownie, Fudge, Ice Cream, Whip Cream and more fudge. Well they forgot the damm fudge. So I took it to the kitchen and asked to speak to the Manager. He came to the table, very sorry with free Onions, but I then prompted to ask in a loud but calm voice who checks his kitchen's work? He started to get nervous as most people in the room were now watching. I then asked him how many more tables were going to be wrong tonight and he assured me none. He then told me dinner was free. Nice $200.00 dinner gratis.

Now I didn't go fishing for a free meal but rather someone be held accountable for poor service. Tell me do you get pissed when you get the dumb shrug when you demand service for what you pay for?

3 comments:

overtly trite said...

poor mom so wanted to use her gift cards
:)

Jennilu said...

Boy, sounds like you were at Ruby Tuesday's or Applebee's. ;) Welcome back to the blogging world.

Jennilu

Kricket said...

I get soooo pissed off when my food is wrong. I always send it back. But I'm a bitch too!!

I think I have to type in the word asstard for my word verification...