Monday, April 21, 2008

It's a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well about 6 years ago it was too. The point of my entry today is just this. I have a very storng willed daughter who is now 6 and can't or won't sleep the night. Not sure if she is afraid of being alone or she hates her bed but she tries everything all night.

A typical night goes like this:

6pm Dinner
630pm Bike ride 30 minutes
7pm Bath
720-800pm calm down and 8pm 2 stories, a cup of water and bed.

1130pm Wide awake wanting to come back to our room and get in bed with us, a practice we do not want.

We then go through the song and dance ALL NIGHT until about 5am when I go to work. So that means my wife and I sneak by on 2 hours here and there, hit and miss. We already to her to get a sleep study, she's normal. Yes we're seeing a counselor for her and I'm not a big fan as she has proven nothing other than doctors without kids should not provide advice to those of us with kids.

We do know the trigger for the process, travel. She was making some progress in March sleeping the night and then we went to my in laws for Easter and last week to Knoxville to see my family. Now things are the worst they have ever been. I have to honestly say this sucks and wouldn't wish this on anyone out there. If you have ANY suggestions I'm all ears.

2 comments:

Jennilu said...

My daugher, Kaylea, is nine and we went through the same thing with her. If she woke up during the night, she would come and get in bed with us. This went on from the time she was big enough to walk until about a year ago. Very rarely does she do it anymore. We just decided to let her join us so that everyone could get the rest they needed. We don't know the reason why she did it, but she has eventually outgrown the habit. Heck, the day will quickly come that she won't want to have anything to do with us, so we will capitalize on all the snuggly moments we can get until that time. Maybe she just got lonely in her room alone. I remember I use to beg my older sister to let me sleep with her for the same room.

overtly trite said...

you forgot ATL as well
I am thinking duct tape....
-p