Friday, November 21, 2008

Sending Christmas Cards

One of the cool parts of my job is the gross numbers of kids that pass through my doors. On any given day I have over 650 men and women who cross my path. It amazes me everytime I ask for an artist, an athete, or someone who can sing or just about anything, because I get it. My kids come from all over the globe and every backround. Today's picture is a picture made by my students for Christmas. Our building is named after the USS Cole DDG-67 and for the Men and Women who gave their lives for their country. The assignment was take this 10 foot tall piece of wood and paint a Christmas card for the base contest. What you can't see is the Solar Christmas lights on there that really make this card good. Our contest is this week and I'll get pictures of all the cards and post them for you to see. I do hope we win.

On the homefront, my least favorite time of year as a kid was today, report card day. I am happy to say Lindsey and Emily made the honor role with all A's and B's. A great day for a very proud dad.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

overtly trite said...

the card is great!
so glad the girls take after their aunt! too bad connlor might take after his uncle ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank-you and the Kids for your work on the Christmas Card. And Honoring the 17 sailors who were murdered. Our son was one of them. We enjoyed looking at the car on your site. keep up the good work.

And may God Bless you and your family this Christmas

Gary G. Swenchonis, Sr
Father of Gary G. Swenchonis, Jr. USS Cole 67.

He would have got a kick out of the cards!

Chris D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marsha Loftis said...

Love the Christmas picture. How creative. Congratulations on your children making the honor roll. :)