Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cold and Fun


Today is a day to remember all of those who have gone before us to defend freedom and democracy around the world. I hope that if you reading this you took time to remember someone who served in the Armed Forces or Department of Defense. With the silly season behind us of who is going to lead our country behind us we need to concentrate on the future and how we can get this great country back to wear it once was.

Anyway I got up this morning to go to the girl's school to Participate in a salute to the Military and found that we had our first frost. By my math it was my first frost in 3.5 years. Sure it gets cold in Florida but not this cold, and by Chicago winter standards I have been told this is nothing compared to what is coming.... Anyway, Ice on the car, and we went to school and then breakfast with our friends and then I went back to school where I was the guest speaker to the 4th and 5th grade class. I had planned to speak about the Military and the history of the day today, but it became a 45 minute Q&A session with questions ranging from where was my favorite place to have I ever killed anyone. I assured everyone that I am not a killing type and my favorite place was the Straights of Magellen in South America.

The best part of my day was how happy Lindsey seemed that I came in. Making her proud is better than anything I could ever do. I stopped down to the caferteria and saw Emily and came home. What a great day. Tonight is Lindsey's first Cheerleading event, the boy's team has the season opener tonight. I am very excited and can't wait..
Posted by Picasa

No comments: