Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Few things from my trip to Chicago


Well I made it back in on piece from Chicago. The trip was great, the travel sucked. We started at 3am Thursday and drove in a school bus (complete with slide down windows) from Newport RI, to Logan in Boston. Then our 2 hour flight and 2 more bus hour (again complete with 1975 windows). Our trip was great, we watched Boot Camp Graduation and even got to stay in the barracks where the kids go to boot camp. We saw all the sights and sounds that Great Lakes has to offer, and then some. The only thing I failed at was seeing my new house. OH well, next time I guess.

On to Saturday where the same old bus took us 2 hours south to Midway Airport for a 5 hour wait for our flight. No there was no mechanical problem just dropped us off 5 hours early. Then it was another flight to Logan getting in at 2200(10pm) and 2 hour bus ride back to Newport. Either way it was a bunch of fun and I am excited for my next assignment.

This weekend I am heading to my parents house to spend the weekend with them and do some chores around the house.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

overtly trite said...

what with all of my taxpayer $$$$ and they couldn't spring for a charter bus?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.